Official Bookmarks Giveaway Rules & Regulations
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are over 18 years of age.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully
unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the
eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Literary Hub/Book Marks as
final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting Nov 8th 2018 on and ending November 30th, 2018.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form
provided on Facebook or at https://bookmarks.reviews/subscribe-to-the-book-marks-bulletin/. The entry must contain a valid email address to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules
or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Literary Hub/Book Marks. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at
the sole discretion of Literary Hub/Book Marks.
5. Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $300 gift certificate to the independent bookstore of their choosing, and a Literary Hub totebag. Value of $320. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Literary Hub/Book Marks. No cash or other prize substitution
shall be permitted except at Literary Hub/Book Marks discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for [Giveaway Owner] to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected randomly under the supervision of Literary Hub/Book Marks. Winner will be notified by email within 7 days following selection of Winner. Literary Hub/Book Marks shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at [Giveaway Owner] sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering your email address, You understand and agree that Literary Hub/Book Marks, anyone acting on behalf of Literary Hub/Book Marks, and Literary Hub/Book Marks licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, email you promotional content, which you may unsubscribe from at any time.
9. Terms & Conditions: Literary Hub/Book Marks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Literary Hub/Book Marks’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Literary Hub/Book Marks may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if
appropriate) the action taken by Literary Hub/Book Marks. Literary Hub/Book Marks reserves the right, in its
sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Literary Hub/Book Marks has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Literary Hub/Book Marks reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Literary Hub/Book Marks and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in NEW YORK having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Book Marks.